Storing your camera is a very important task.
You will want to be sure all of your bases are covered in order to prevent damage to equipment.
Here are just a few tips for storing your camera equipment:
- Choose a Climate-Controlled Unit: Cameras and camera equipment are sensitive to temperature and humidity fluctuations. To protect your gear from extreme weather conditions, opt for a climate-controlled storage unit. This feature helps maintain a stable environment, reducing the risk of damage due to temperature and moisture changes.
- Proper Packing: Before storing your cameras and lenses, ensure they are clean and dry. Use protective cases, padded bags, or camera-specific storage solutions to keep them safe and prevent any accidental damage during transportation or storage.
- Security: Look for a storage facility with good security measures, such as surveillance cameras, gated access, and on-site staff. The safety of your valuable camera equipment is essential.
- Insurance: Consider insuring your camera equipment, either through a separate insurance policy or as part of your homeowner’s or renter’s insurance. This provides added protection against theft, damage, or other unexpected events.
- Organize and Label: Properly organize and label your camera equipment boxes or cases, so you can easily find specific items when needed. Keeping an inventory list can be helpful for tracking your stored gear.
- Regular Checkups: If possible, visit the storage unit periodically to check on your camera equipment. This way, you can ensure it is in good condition and address any issues promptly.
- Keep Batteries Separately: Remove batteries from your cameras, flashes, and other battery-operated devices before storing them. Batteries can leak over time and cause damage to your equipment.
- Avoid Direct Contact with Floor: Elevate your camera equipment off the floor by placing it on shelves or pallets. This provides added protection against potential water damage.
You will want to be sure you take any and all precautions when storing something of this nature!
We do offer climate-controlled units at 4 of our facilities:
5 Corners Storage
Menomonee Falls Storage
South Milwaukee Self Storage
You can now rent your unit online as well as over the phone!