Using plastic shelving units can be a great way to help maximize the space you have inside your storage unit.
You definitely want to make sure you are getting the most for your money.
Here are some tips for using the shelving inside your unit.
- Choose sturdy and durable shelving: Look for high-quality plastic shelving units that are sturdy and able to support the weight of your items. Reinforced plastic or resin shelving units are often more durable and reliable.
- Consider the weight capacity: Check the weight capacity of the plastic shelving units before loading them with heavy items. Make sure the shelves can handle the weight without sagging or collapsing. Distribute the weight evenly across the shelves.
- Opt for adjustable shelves: Adjustable shelves allow you to customize the height between each shelf, accommodating items of various sizes. This flexibility makes it easier to organize your storage unit efficiently.
- Use storage containers or bins: Utilize plastic storage containers or bins to store smaller items on the shelves. Categorize and label the containers for easy identification and access. Clear containers can be especially helpful for quickly locating specific items.
- Keep frequently used items accessible: Place items that you may need to access regularly at eye level or within easy reach on the shelves. This way, you won’t have to constantly move other items to reach them.
- Maximize vertical space: Take advantage of the height of the storage unit by utilizing taller shelving units. This allows you to store more items while using a smaller footprint on the floor. Use step stools or ladders to access higher shelves safely.
- Secure the shelves: Once you’ve organized your items on the plastic shelving, secure the units to prevent any accidental tipping or shifting. You can use zip ties, bungee cords, or straps to secure the shelves to the wall or other fixed structures within the storage unit.