Book Lovers Day is celebrated on August 9 every year. This is an unofficial holiday observed to encourage bibliophiles to celebrate reading and literature.People are advised to put away their smartphones and every possible technological distraction and pick up a book to read.
This being said, be sure that if you are storing books in your storage unit that they are stored properly.
Here are some tips for properly storing your books:
- Choose a climate-controlled unit: Books are susceptible to damage from extreme temperatures and humidity. Opt for a climate-controlled storage unit that maintains a stable environment to prevent mold, mildew, warping, or yellowing of pages.
- Clean and organize the books: Before storing, clean the books to remove any dust or debris. Arrange them in a logical order, such as by genre, author, or size, which will make it easier to find specific books later.
- Use sturdy, acid-free boxes: Place the books in acid-free cardboard boxes or plastic storage bins. Avoid using old or damaged boxes that may not provide adequate protection. Make sure the boxes are not too heavy to lift and properly label them for easy identification.
- Protect books from moisture: Place a moisture-absorbing material, such as silica gel packets, inside the boxes to help control humidity. Avoid packing the books too tightly to allow for proper airflow and reduce the risk of moisture buildup.
- Keep books upright or flat: Store books in an upright position or lay them flat to prevent spine damage. Avoid stacking them too high to avoid unnecessary pressure on the books at the bottom of the stack.