Busy Moving but Need a Quick Treat??
How about a cookie in a mug!! Yay cookies! This would be great for an on the go treat, at the office or a take along for a friend’s house.
Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Cup
Author: Melissa @ No. 2 Pencil
Recipe type: Microwave Dessert
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 1 min
Total time: 6 mins
Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Cup – the original microwave cookie recipe
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Granulated White Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of firmly packed Dark Brown Sugar
- 3 Drops of Vanilla Extract
- Small Pinch of Kosher Salt
- 1 Egg Yolk (discard the egg white or save for different recipe)
- Scant ¼ of All Purpose Flour (slightly less than ¼ of a cup)
- 2 heaping tablespoons of Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips plus more for topping
- Start by melting your butter in the microwave. Butter should just be melted, not boiling.
- Add sugars, vanilla and salt. Stir to combine.
- Separate your egg and add the yolk only to your cup. Stir to combine.
- Add flour, then stir again. Measure a scant, slightly less than full, ¼ cup of all-purpose flour.
- Add the chocolate chips, and give a final stir. Now your mixture will look like cookie dough. Add a few chocolate chips to the top of the cookie dough.
- Cook in microwave 40-60 seconds, start checking for doneness at 40 seconds. Mine takes 50 seconds. Do not cook past one minute, just like a regular cookie, this will continue cooking as it cools. If the cookie is dry or cake like, try less time.
- Serve warm.
Recipe copied from www.number-2-pencil.com.